Salary – Competitive
Location – All Sites
Contract – TBC
Hours – Negotiable
As a rapidly growing company within the marine industry, we have an exciting career opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer to support and oversee our network of 3 sites based within Hampshire.
As the group’s Heath Safety Officer you will have a pro-active, can-do, pragmatic approach, ensuring business relevance whilst maintaining strict cost control. You will assist the business in meeting all its statutory safety & environmental responsibilities and will promote a culture of continual safety behavioural improvement.
Our sites include RS Marine Group HQ and RS Sailing – Romsey, Southampton, RS Electric Boats – Hamble and Cheetah Marine Ventnor Isle of Wight
Role & Responsibilities:
- Review and approve H&S policies, procedures, work instructions and safe systems at work
- Review H&S legislation, regulations, HSE guidance and Approved Codes of Practices; and ensure implementation within the organisation
- Provision, implementation, review, approval and maintenance of Risk COSHH & REACH Assessments as required by UK and EU Legislative requirements
- Establish controls to ensure adherence to the H&S program
- Compile all H&S activity reports and performance statistics as required
- Provision of H&S information, instruction, and training, as and when required
- Oversee and advise on the day-to-day implementation of H&S arrangements – including Risk Assessments, Inspection
- Investigate and follow up accident, incidents and near misses
- Support HR in full training program
- vehicle/fleet H&S (maintenance)
To apply, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and a CV attached. We look forward to receiving your application.